bytePoints are points awarded to members for their activity in the community. bytePoints then in turn rank a member throughout the community. Below is a list of ways a member can earn bytePoints, and the rankings associated with bytePoints.
How can I earn bytePoints?
- Join byteMyCode (5 bytePoints)
- Submitting a new code snippet (25 bytePoints)
- Submitting a code revision (10 bytePoints)
- Submitting a comment to a code snippet (5 bytePoints)
- Vote on a snippet (2 bytePoints)
What does the ranking scale look like?
Newbie (0 - 25 bytePoints)
Beginner (26 - 100 bytePoints)
Helper (101 - 500 bytePoints)
Scripter (501 - 1500 bytePoints)
Coder (1501 - 2000 bytePoints)
Syntax Master (2001 - higher bytePoints)